If your download didn’t start, please go back and use other download button.
The application period for the University Canada West Scholarship 2023-2024 is currently open. In this essay, we will go through the University Canada West Scholarship, its benefits, and the application process in depth.
International students can apply for the University Canada West Scholarship, which is a fully financed scholarship. A University Canada West scholarship is only available to students pursuing undergraduate or master’s degrees. This scholarship offers up to 20,000 dollars for an undergraduate degree and 10,000 dollars for a master’s degree.
International students can apply for the International Student Leaders Award to study for their undergraduate and graduate degrees in the heart of Vancouver. The International Student Leaders Award recognizes international students (except those from the United States) who are committed to advancing the economic development of their native country.
University Canada West is a modern independent university in the heart of Vancouver’s vibrant downtown district. The Bachelor of Commerce, Bachelor of Arts in Business Communication, Associate of Arts, and Master of Business Administration are among the career-focused programs offered by UCW, which was founded in 2004.
Interesting Facts About The University Canada West
David Strong, the former president of the University of Victoria, and a group of investors founded University Canada West as a for-profit university. It was designed to serve British Columbian students who had been turned down by public universities in the province, as well as the Asian Pacific market, with a projected enrollment of 3000 students.
The university’s creation was the first time in British Columbia that a for-profit institution was given permission to use the term “university,” according to the province’s controversial Degree Authorization Act, which was just adopted. In Victoria, British Columbia, UCW was approved in 2004 and opened its doors in 2005 in the former Blanshard Elementary School. Undergraduate degrees in commerce, communications, geography, tourism, and economics, as well as a master’s degree in business, were initially offered. The geography, tourism, and economics programs, on the other hand, were later dropped.
In 2006, UCW purchased Victoria College of Art in order to increase its program offerings. The plan was to enroll in a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree. However, after the takeover, the art college’s enrollment plummeted from 150 to only 12 students. The university then withdrew its proposal for approval of the new degree from the British Columbia Degree Quality Assessment Board. In 2008, UCW established a second campus in Vancouver.
University Canada West Scholarship Highlights
- Level of Study: Undergraduate, Masters
- University name: University Canada West
- Study in: Canada
- Program Period: As per the program selected.
- Courses Offered: MBA, Commerce, Business Communication, Arts
University Canada West Scholarship Benefits
The University Canada West Scholarships offer the following scholarship amounts to their recipients:
Depending on the selected tier:
- Tier 1:
– 10,000$ an undergraduate Associate of Arts degree
– 20,000$ for an undergraduate degree in commerce and business communication.
– 10,000$ an MBA
- Tier 2:
– 4,000$ for an undergraduate Associate of Arts degree.
– 8,000$ for an undergraduate degree in commerce and business communication.
– 5,000$ for an MBA.
Eligibility for University Canada West Scholarships
To qualify for University Canada West Scholarships, candidates must fulfill all of the following requirements:
- Required Language: English
- Eligible Countries: All World Countries
- The applicant must meet the minimum requirements for entering University Canada West.
- The applicant must have received an offer to study at University Canada West.
- The award tier and amount will be dependent on the strength and quality of their personal statement.
How to Apply for University Canada West Scholarships?
Please follow the following application instructions to apply for University Canada West Scholarships:
- Submit a completed Scholarship and Award Application form at the time of applying to UCW
- Submit a personal statement describing how your program of choice will affect your career, educational, and personal goals, as well as how you intend to contribute to the economic development of your country or region and what obstacles you will have to overcome.