If your download didn’t start, please go back and use other download button.
Students are invited to apply for the Canon Collins RMTF Scholarships for postgraduate study in South Africa for the academic year 2023 through a partnership between the Canon Collins Trust and the Ros Moger and Terry Furlong group.
Both full-time and part-time applicants to any South African university postgraduate degree program will be supported by this grant. Students from qualified nations will be taken into consideration. The Canon Collins RMTF Scholarship awardees will get funding for a maximum of three years for a PhD and two years for a Masters.
A community of leaders, philosophers, activists, and social justice groups is being created by the Canon Collins Trust. Canon Collins’ innovative method creates a space where activism and research can coexist through support for higher education and research, project awards, and an international events program.
The Canon Collins RMTF Scholarship is dedicated to helping our researchers and alumni build powerful networks in the public and private sectors in order to help create a new framework for human rights in southern Africa. It brings together our academics, alums, and partners from civic society to talk about topics including social justice and human rights.
Interesting Facts About Canon Collins Trust
Canon Collins Trust, Society may be transformed by higher education, and the growth of Southern Africa depends on good leadership in a number of crucial areas. However, even as the costs of not keeping up with the times climb, so do the advantages of higher education.
The Canon Collins Trust’s underfunding of postgraduate education has become a crisis and a significant barrier to change. For this reason, we have provided financial support to more than 4,000 people whose education focuses on some of the most urgent problems facing southern African society today.
In addition to having a solid academic history and a love for study, our scholars must show that they are dedicated to using their skill sets to make an impact. Both during and after the fellowship program, it is explicitly encouraged for scholars, activists, and civil society organizations to exchange knowledge and work together.
Canon Collins Trust Access to primary and secondary education is another area on which we are particularly focused. The Canon Collins Trust promotes excellence and equality in the South African educational system with the help of our partner, Equal Education.
As we assist in the program administration of our partners’ organizations and manage our own scholarships, we are devoted to upholding accountability to our stakeholders and adhering to our rules. The Canon Collins Trust places a high priority on its collaborations with South African civil society organizations as a mutually advantageous relationship of solidarity or a partnership of equals.
Any money we are able to generate for the work of our partners will not alter this dynamic. We promise to be open and fair in our interactions with one another and to hold each other accountable. We also encourage learning from one another’s accomplishments.
Canon Collins RMTF Scholarship Highlights
- Organization: Canon Collins Trust
- Course Level: Masters and PhD
- Award: R100,000
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: Domestic and International
- The award can be taken in South Africa.
- Application Deadline: September 2023
Eligibility For Canon Collins RMTF Scholarships
- Eligible Countries: Angola, Botswana, Lesotho, Malawi, Mozambique, Swaziland, and Zambia
- Eligible Courses or Subjects: Applicants can apply for a postgraduate degree program at a South African University.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- The applicants must normally be residents of one of the eligible countries.
- The applicants must be studying or applying to study at a South African university.
How to Apply For Canon Collins RMTF Scholarships
- How to Apply: Students are required to submit an application for their postgraduate study at a South African University. Canon Collins RMTF Scholarship application can be submitted here.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Copy of degree certificates.
- Certified academic transcripts.
- ID Document.
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must have a good first degree (minimum second class, upper division, or equivalent) or be about to graduate in the year of application.
- Language Requirement: The students must meet the language requirements of the university they wish to join.
Canon Collins RMTF Scholarship Benefits
Canon Collins RMTF Scholarships, The selected candidates will be provided funding for up to a maximum of two years for Masters and three years for PhD at R20,000 to R100,000. They also organize an annual conference for current scholars and hold several smaller events throughout the year. Canon Collins RMTF Scholarship holders are expected to participate in these activities and to become part of and contribute to our network.